Thursday, March 7, 2013

REVIEW: Essie Nail Polish


Essie is by far, my favourite brand of nail polish because it's a thin formula and there are various shades of the spectrum. They retail in Australia for about 20 odd dollars so I suggest buying off eBay but be careful because some shades are not as opaque. 

The bottles I have collected so far are: Protein Base Coat, Too Too Hot, Van D'go, No Pre-nup (not opaque but makes a good pink for french tips) & French Affair (respectively).

The brush is small and thin which bothers a lot of people but I don't mind because there isn't a build up of nail polish. I personally don't like thick nail polish formulas such as China Glaze because it's harder to work with and takes longer to dry and I honestly don't have time. 
When I tried my first Essie nail polish, I was amazed by how fast it dried and how opaque one coat was. I am constantly using and washing my hands so any nail polish tends to chip easily but this brand always holds up well (inclusive of base and top coat). 

Verdict: I highly recommend Essie! & definitely looking into expanding my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment