Monday, March 11, 2013

REVIEW: Natio Brow Kit



The first brow product I bought was the Rimmel professional eyebrow pencil but I found it too harsh and there wasnt a shade that was suitable to fill in my brows. I then decided to use powder for my brows but I didn't want to buy a single shade of brown eyeshadow because I was afraid that it wouldn't be the right shade. I really wanted to buy the ELF brow kit because I heard good reviews about it and it was cheap but I wanted to venture into products that were a bit more accessible in Australia. That is exactly what I did.

I spotted the Natio brow kit in Priceline and had my eye on it for a while before my boyfriend bought it for me (hehe thanks baby). From the top of my head, he went to David Jones to purchase it because they were having a sale but the brow kit usually retails for $19.95AUD. This kit has two shades of brown (light/medium and medium/dark), a wax, tweezers, round grooming brush (spoolie) and a slanted brow brush. It also has a small mirror; everything you need all in one kit especially for beginners.

The shades aren't too similar so it's great for mixing your perfect shade. I've filled in my brows nearly everyday for the past 2 years and I still haven't hit pan so it's definitely worth every dollar. The wax is standard and I don't use it because I have sparse eyebrow hairs causing the hairs to stick together and extra work trying to fill in the gaps. Unfortunately it also collects dirt and dust very easily.

I don't care much for the tweezers because I prefer the slanted type. The spoolie is a great tool to brush through any harshness and lighten the powder. I used the slanted brush for a period of time before I started using the Sigma E65 angled brush which is wider and fits the width of my eyebrows perfectly. I no longer worry about accidentally creating straight harsh lines which are almost impossible to brush out.

I'm currently using the other end of the Rimmel eyebrow pencil to brush out my brows (only because I lost the spoolie) and then brushing through my brows with a clear eyebrow gel. It works wonders, creating full, natural looking brows.

 Verdict: I don't see many brow powders available in stores so I will definitely purchase another one, that's if I ever finish it!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. found the Natio brow powders smudgy and hard to use. They also seemed to go harshly on my skin, looking very artificial. I have permanent hair loss on my brows due to previous medical issues, so am perhaps a little extra fussy because I have to be! I tried this while away and had left my regular product behind, now realise that it is not a patch on what I currently use (illamasqua brow cake).

    ReplyDelete